The Installation of PeriData is easy and fast. It takes you only 2 minutes.
1. Download: The current installation file is found on our website www.peridata.com on the page Service > Download (link). After clicking the button "Download" the setup file will be downloaded. Depending on the security settings of your PC, some security questions have to be answered. The download usually takes less than 1 minute.
2. Installation: Open the downloaded file PeriData-Setup-.."version number"...exe The position of this dialog depends on the browser (Chrome, Firefox..) and may be in the upper right or the lower left corner. It is possible that the administrator password is needed for the setup. Installation starts. Answer all question. Select the suggested installation folder. Installation takes 1 minute. Now the program is ready.
3. Start the program: If installed for the first time on a new computer, the program needs administrator privileges. Restart the program. Click with the right mouse button on the program symbol and choose "run as administrator". Later, there will be no such question again. And also after an update installation, the program starts normally.
4. License key: As long as the license key is not yet registrated, PeriData will show the 2 buttons"REGISTRATION" and "DEMO MODE". In the Demo Mode the program is usable without restrictions! The registration can be done later.
5. Novice? If you never worked with PeriData, click here: First steps with PeriData
Network: PeriData is installed on every PC in the local network. Exception: With a Terminal Server Topology, an installation on the server makes PeriData available on all terminals.
Update: The new version is installed as usuall (network: on all workstations). The old version is overwritten. Uninstall is NOT necessary. The license key keeps valid.
Database: There is no fixed database. The command "File New" creates a new database file. The name and folder are defined when the new database is stored for the first time. Several databases are possible in parallel, they can be renamed and moved like documents. In the LinkMode with EMR software, the database is defined automatically.
All details concerning program start, command line parameters, data structure etc. you will find here: Program Specification.
Integration with EMR Software: System administrators should carefully read these informations: Link Mode